Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fast Sunday

For all of you who are LDS know today was Fast and testimony meeting at Church. Fast Sunday is where you don't eat for 24 hours to help you focus more on spiritual things. It is also where the church members from the congregation have the opportunity to stand at the pulpit and bear their testimonies of what they believe/know to be true. I just wanted to quickly share mine with you. I know that families are important. Last Sunday Geoff and I were at his parents house and we had a family testimony meeting. It was a wonderful experience to sit and listen to everyone and how they felt about others in the room. The spirit was so strong and you could tell they all loved each other. Families are important because they help and support one another. I know that my testimony was strengthened and made me want to be more obedient and righteous. We all need to follow the path that Christ has paved for us. He is our example and we need to strive to be more like Him. I know that Christ lives. That is my Savior and Redeemer, that he hears and answers our prayers. He loves us and blesses our lives to an extent that we can't possibly understand. I am truly grateful for the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, to know they are always by my side, always lifting me up. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been restored to the earth through Joseph Smith by revelation and the laying on of hands. I am grateful to have the priesthood in my home. Ever since I was born I have always had the blessing to have a priesthood holder present. I am grateful that Geoffrey is worthy to hold that power and to bless the lives around him. Geoff is such a wonderful husband. He is obedient, kind, loving, sincere, humble, etc. What more could a wife ask for? I have been blessed and I know that if I continue to do my best and serve the Lord that Christ will pour out many more upon my life. Always do your best. He loves you! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment