
Image source: http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/eddingtond/LASSO/location.html
School started two weeks ago for Geoff and me, and I will admit for the first time that I LOVE...LOVE my classes! During the summer I changed my major from Exercise Wellness to Physical Education teaching and coaching. I think that was one of my best decisions! My classes are awesome. I have a walking/jogging class (don't be fooled by the name, it is really fun). I have learned a lot of things already, such as race walking, how to properly do a relay, and later I will learn how to run with proper form, etc. I have a tennis class, Exercise Physiology class, Advocacy for Physical Education and then a class management class. Class management is where you get tips on how to teach your physical education students. In two weeks I will start going to an elementary school once a week and teach them motor skills, sports, activities, etc.
Geoff has mixed feelings about school but I think he enjoys most of it. He really likes his religion class, "World Religions." He comes home and tells me all about it and I'm jealous I'm not taking the class too. In his Calculus class he complains that it is too easy right now and he even does other homework in that class.
We both started work last Saturday; we were ticket takers at the BYU football game. Geoff was a little sad because he wanted to be in the stadium to watch some of the game. As for me, I couldn't care less. I don't mind watching it, but it wouldn't be my idea to go to a game. Unfortunately, we don't get many hours with that job. We were expecting to get 20 hours each but it looks like it will be 20 hours together. After I found that out, I got another job handing out flyers. Yippie! I get paid by the flyer and I can go as fast or slow as I want. So I had Geoff help me out this week and it took us 3 hours to finish 500 flyers, which equals $90!!
No comments:
Post a Comment