Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cusco Part 2

The condor was a sacred animal for the Inca's. It was everywhere!! If you look close enough you can see the imprint of a Condor in the grass encircled by the rocks. Other sacred animals were the Puma of course and the serpent. 



Here is a better view of the condor. 



These stairs were pretty steep. Mom and I stayed up top with Adelaide while the others contemplated their death. Geoff is terrified of heights. I mean SUPER terrified. Dad was the first success story. The funniest part is that after they finally got to the bottom (felt like an eternity) another family practically ran down them. :-) 


I wasn't about to go down with Adelaide in my arms. 


Saqsaywaman! Or how WE the people of the United States (we couldn't call ourselves American's because they too are American's and would get offended) would say it "Sexy Woman." Lots of Inca Ruins. 





I think this picture is adorable! 



Cusco from the hill. 


Plaza De Armas from the top. 


I wish I would have taken a picture but from the Plaza De Armas it looks like Christ is preaching to the city. The hill next to us had 3 crosses and Christ being Crucified. 



The serpent. I guess it was a scared corner. 


The biggest piece of rock at Saqsaywaman. Very impressive! 


Women had llamas and alpacas everywhere and you had to pay to get your picture taken with them. That is how they made their living. A lot of other women set up all of their merchandise they made by hand hoping you will buy it. Even if you tell them no they keep asking. I got used to it by the end of the trip. 



We found the fountain of youth! :-) A lady actually went up to it with her water bottle and filled it up! Haha




No comments:

Post a Comment