Wednesday, October 31, 2012

34 Weeks

I am 34 weeks and it's starting to feel like it's taking forever for her to come! I am totally ready. Went to the Doctor again and I measured 37 weeks. My Dr. was surprised that I'm STILL measuring big. I asked if this meant that Adelaide was going to be a big baby. She said that I might be carrying high. She felt my tummy and said "she definitely doesn't feel like a 7-8 pound baby. She feels like a 5 pounder."

She is pretty far up from my pubic bone so I am carrying high. She is always moving around and I can never get comfortable it seems. My tendons and ligaments keep stretching and it's the most excruciating
pain I've felt since I've been pregnant. If I keep it up (measuring big) I will be HUGE by the time I have her.

Every morning when I wake up my legs are either tingly or numb. My hands are stiff from them being compressed. The first thing I do is massage my hands so they go back to normal. Oh the joys of being a mother. :-) My sister wasn't helping at all either. The other day I was talking to her and she said, "Just wait till you're having your third child. Your pelvis feels and sounds like it's going to break every time you move." Yeah... that makes me want to have more kids. But of course we end up with a bundle of joy. Women must forget all the pain and agony that comes with pregnancy because we seem to have more and more children. My mother-in-law said that pregnancy has to be awful in order for us to go through labor. Oh goodness...... am I truly ready for this? :-S Haha


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you are still measuring big? You do look like you are carrying high though which is way cute ;) I've been measuring smaller the last 2 times and my doc thinks maybe he has dropped already (I doubt it though because he still kicks the CRAP out of my ribs everyday!)

    As for labor, you are gonna do great. I remember most of it (even though I can't remember for my life what a real contraction feels like... thank goodness!!) and I'm scared, yeah, but not as bad as with Jasper.

    I hope you can find some way to get comfy. Get Geoff to give you a massage or brush your hair ;)

    Almost there! Hang in a couple weeks longer and it will ALL be worth it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete