Monday, January 23, 2012

Big 24

Yesterday was Geoffrey's Birthday! I had to ask him how old he was turning because after you pass the 21 mark, who keeps track anymore? I don't even know how old I am usually! Geoff can't stand being center of attention so I was told I couldn't tell anyone at church it was his b-day. Haha and now I am writing about him on our blog... :-) Everyone who knows Geoff, knows that he is super sarcastic and a little weird...aka dances to Disney songs and rocking out in the car. Even though he is silly, he is such a wonderful husband! I couldn't ask for anyone better!! 

Saturday I woke up and spent almost all day making Geoff's cake. It was fun, especially since it was my first time to make fondant, but I made a TON! I thought a lot more people were going to help us eat it! Ahhhhh! We still have half of it in the fridge. Here are a few pictures during the process of making it. 


I used a super easy and yummy recipe for fondant from Pinterest. Marshmallow Fondant
Since Geoff got Legos for Christmas I thought it would be appropriate to make him a Lego cake. 




And Geoff's masterpiece (space shuttle) was my inspiration.... mine doesn't look as good but al least you can eat it! 


For everyone who wasn't able to join Geoff on his special day, you can take a peek at some of the festivities. 

2 comments:

  1. Are the legos fondant? Very cool. Your writing is amazing. Mine would look like I don't know english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the legos aren't fondant. I bought chocolate molds to make them.

    ReplyDelete