Travis stopped teasing me for a split second to take this picture. Always poking or pinching me.
This picture has a story. My mother wanted to drive by the apartment they used to live in while my dad was going to school at BYU. The funny thing is....my parents lived on the top floor while Geoff's parents lived on the bottom. After going their own separate ways after BYU, the Townsend's moved to Oklahoma to my parents ward and Geoff and I instantly "took" to each other. Weird how everything works out huh? I am truly grateful for all the events that took place because if they hadn't, I wouldn't be married to my wonderful Geoffrey!
The day isn't complete until you play a game. We were laughing SO hard while playing cranium! If you have played, you know what I mean. Watching people act out and sculpt things can be very humorous. It was the first time for my mom to play and she and Travis won.
The second day she was here, we shopped ALL day. I'm not complaining because Geoff hates shopping. We went to several places and my sweet mother bought us stuff. I love it when parents come to visit, especially when they restock your food for you! My mom was busy all week cutting and highlighting hair. Almost all the cousins came over to our place and got their hair done. It was nice of her to share her talent and help us all save a little money with our haircuts this month. While I was getting my hair fixed, Geoff marveled us with his cooking! He made us his famous Schnitzel with cranberry sauce! Mmm Mmm good!
The third day was wet and crazy. The Ker side gathered together to have a swimming party for the little kiddos, but it ended up being a water fight for all the adults. Geoff and I tried to stay out of it, since we were in the "battlefield zone," we got a little wet but not much. The best part was when Travis threw a bucket of water at Ryan and then when Ryan got his Revenge! Ryan decided Travis wasn't cool enough. He picked him up and tossed him into the pool. Poor Travis, he was cold the rest of the night. It the worst when you get wet when you have jean pn and you can do anything about it. After that catastrophe, Crystal, Rachel and Stacey joined in.
Brigham got a little bored of getting wet with water and headed over to the "house" and decided to relax with a mud splash.
Here is sweet little old Grandpa. He had knee surgery in March and they were debating if they should come out to Utah for the week. Thankfully he was doing awesome with walking and everything, the docter said it would be good for him to take a vacation. Leading up to our Condo, we have about 20 stairs and he made it all by himself!! Isn't that incredible?
The Tuckett cousins wanted to see my mom too. What a popular lady!
The whole week my mom has been out here, there have been at least three or four thunderstorms! I always complain that Utah is lame because they NEVER have thunderstorms! I guess Utah proved me wrong! It still doesn't rain as hard as Oklahoma (I miss that SO much) but a little rain is better than no rain.
We were playing soccer and something white fell out of the sky. Nothing was around so we thought it might have been bird poop. Hannah bent over to pick up the soccer ball and something hit her bum! We final realized it was hail. We were determined to keep the game going and we resorted to covering our heads.
No comments:
Post a Comment