Yesterday when we tried to go swimming at Aunties she got stung by a bee. I'm not sure if she was trying to grab it or if she grabbed the noodle and it was already there. But I saw her turn and face me with her fist and teeth clenched like she was getting upset. I asked what was wrong and that is when I saw the bee. Poor little girl! I couldn't get the stinger out so Geoff had to assist getting it out for her. Thankfully she didn't have a bad reaction. Her finger was swollen but that's all. We went home and gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed. She never complained after that. She is one tough cookie.
This next exciting news is about Geoff! It all began on the day of our Anniversay in May. Geoff kicked Adelaide and me out of the house for 2 days. We went and stayed with my Aunt and Uncle and it happened to be when my parents were here also, so it really wasn't that bad. He was taking the "Write on" competition and couldn't have any distractions. It all paid off because just a couple weeks ago we found out he got accepted to the Arizona State Law Journal.
Geoff and I have been very involved with our ward since we moved here last year. Our first callings were Weblos leader and Activity Day Coordinator. We both enjoyed getting to know the kids in our church during the week. Apparently that was not the only area the Lord wanted us to serve. Only about a month later Geoff was asked to be Elders Quorum Instructor and I was asked to be Primary Chorister. Not only did we have Callings during the week now, we had callings for Sunday. If any of you have every been the primary chorister, you know how much fun it is to be around the kids. They are all so silly and intelligent. I love singing time! Well, once again, Geoff and I were called into the Bishops office a couple weeks ago. Geoff now has 3 callings and I am back to one. I am now the first counselor in the Primary Presidency and Geoff is going to be a Primary teacher. We love to serve the Lord and His children. We are blessed to get to know many people in our ward and to help build up His kingdom here on earth.
We went to Barnes and Nobles to "Cool off with Olaf." They had story telling, sing-a-longs, frozen hot chocolate, coloring and more. Adelaide was tired since it didn't start until after her bedtime. She was still very good. We ended up getting her a frozen storybook and coloring book. Frozen, like many other children, is her favorite movie.
Adelaide is growing up way too fast for me. She can say and repeat almost everything we say. She looks older each day and wants to do everything I do. She is such a good helper. She helps clear off the table after dinner, picks up her toys before bed, puts laundry in the washer and vacuums the house. She also likes to play on my laptop. What a cute stinker!
No comments:
Post a Comment