in review. Spring Term ended June 16th and then Summer Term began June 20th. We only had one day off but we made sure to make it worthwhile! We went to 7 Peaks (water park) with my side of the family. We all looked a little toasty when we got home that night. Instead of parting our ways after our day in the sun, we bought pizza and had a cousin sleepover. The next day we continued our fun with a little Trafalgal, and played mini golf and laser tag. Our fun weekend ended with going to Geoff's cousins wedding reception. It was truly nice to not worry about anything over the weekend. No homework, school, or work.
Geoff and I decided that since he got a bike, that it would be nice if I got one too. Coincidentally, my cousin is going to Hawaii for school and needed to get rid of her bike. She let me have it! So here is my new ride...
A few months ago it started to heat up in Utah and I turned on the air conditioner and several minutes later the temperature raised 4 degrees. That is really not we were expecting to happen. Thankfully this season, it has rained a lot so it has helped with keeping our place cool. We went and bought a box fan to put in the window at night and it worked for awhile. Last week we finally got it fixed! Yay! The electrician said that we had a bad thermostat. He replaced it and the temperature was about 8 degrees higher that what it said on our old one. so when it was 83 it was actually about 91. No wonder we were always sweating! Now that it is fixed I feel like it is freezing, but I will never complain again about our place being cold. I am grateful for modern conveniences.
Geoff and I finally used our last gift card from our wedding. We got a Kitchenaid blender and it was worth it. I have used it everyday since. I have made
orange julius
smoothies galore
green shakes (spinach and tons of fruit and veggies)
milkshakes
strawberry limeades
and more to come.
This is seriously the best blender I have ever used. It is pretty much unbreakable with it's polycarbonate pitcher. It is easy to clean because I don't have to pull it apart, the blade assembly is built into the pitcher.
Last week Geoff was super busy with work. It was Mission President Seminar Week at the MTC and he picked up several shifts. He was never home. He would work for 8 hours, have an hour break and work another 4-8 hours. I felt like I didn't have a husband, but I did get to play a lot with friends (7 peaks and girl nights). Since this week was where all the new mission presidents get trained to go out into the field, the Prophet, 12 apostles and a lot of the 70's were there. Geoff got to meet 10 out the 12 apostles and I am pretty sure he enjoyed it! What a wonderful experience!
If anyone needs to read a good book, I have been reading "The secrets of THE IMMORTAL Nicholas Flamel." This is a young adult series that is fiction but has real people and some real events. I am on the fourth book and I can't put them down. Thank goodness there is a library only two blocks away from where we live.

Sounds like you are having a busy summer! I can't imagine having my house be 91 degrees! Yikes!! And Nicholas Flamel as in the one from Harry Potter Nicholas Flamel? Who is it by? I am looking for new books to read.
ReplyDelete