Geoff and I had our 1 year anniversary on May 12th. Geoff and I both had school and then I went to work. When I got back, Geoffrey was at work and didn't get home until nearly midnight. But we decided to make it up to each other by going down to Vegas for the weekend. We stayed with Geoff's brother and even though it was a short visit we had fun.
We played with our niece and nephew all morning and they were easily entertained. Bryce loved making "houses" out of the dvd's.
And sweet little Camyrn was always adorable!
Miranda and Justin took us to the the Hoover Dam. I relate the hoover dam to the movie "Fools Rush In." It's where she drives over the dam and throws a coin over while making a wish. It is definitely huge! Geoff was terrified of how high it was. It took a lot of coaxing to get him to take a picture with me by the railing.
This bridge is where we walked to get a good view of the dam.
Geoff clenching the side #1
Geoff clenching the side #2
Vegas was very windy that day but I loved the heat. Every since we got back to Utah it has been freezing! It rained today and I longed for the hot and dry air of Nevada.
We also went to the outlet malls in vegas. Geoff seems to be wearing everything out at the same time. He has holes in his jeans, socks and shoes. We got some good deals to replace those items. For our first anniversary meal we went to a casino. I went to the bathroom and came back to find him like this....
He said he was really tempted to put a penny in just to say he gambled. He thinks it would be funny. Good thing he didn't. We might not be able to go to a casino again! haha. We ate at Carve . I have to say that it was the best food I have EVER eaten. Delicious! We both had a warm spinach salad, Geoff had a steak and I had chicken and pasta.
We drove the strip on the way out of vegas. We took a picture of the world famous pawn shop from the TV show "Pawn Stars." Tons of people lined up waiting to get in. I wanted to go in but was too lazy to wait in line. Maybe next time we visit.
We stopped at a stoplight and Geoff thought that this was so funny that he had to take a picture. Donuts and Chinese food? Is that really a good combination?
This next picture is for my best friend Colleen. This is where we stayed when we had our spur of the moment trip to Vegas! I stayed the night at her house one night and then at 9 in the morning we decided to take a road trip! Good memories!
Geoff and I didn't want to leave Vegas. It was nice not to worry about homework and to be able to bask in the sun. Thanks Justin and Miranda for letting us stay with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment