We had the opportunity to have Eric stay with us on the eve of his mission. And... they spent their time wisely together watching "Old Spice" commercials/responses. I wasn't watching with them but their laughter was contagious. They laughed every 5 seconds. BYU recently filmed their own version of one of the commercials and I have to admit that I laughed so hard after watching it. You should check it out for yourself. I heard it was shown on CNN the other night.
Today was the last day Eric would have a nice American meal from his family and he ate a yummy PB&J sandwich. Isn't that awful? They seemed to be enjoying it and not like Eric is afraid that he's going to get sick way before he gets to Mexico right?
We heard that once you are at the MTC to drop off your missionary, they rush you, so we decided to take some pictures before we got there and ended up with a pair of goofy boys.
Last night our Elder's Quorum Presidency came over to "get to know" us since Geoff and I are newbies in town. The president kept joking around with Eric and asking him if he would like to get some practice in before he gets to the MTC and give the spiritual thought. When they were leaving the President asked, as he was untying his tie, "Elder! How many ties did you bring with you? Do you like this one?". Eric is wearing it in this picture.
I love these next pictures! Eric couldn't find his socks or belt. He was a little confused because he didn't pack his bags.
Eric had been saying that he wanted to see all his roommates that were in the MTC and the funny thing is, two of them were there as his "Hosts".
Thanks Alayna, have I told you how much I love you for doing this? And how did Eric end up with those two as his hosts?
ReplyDelete